Sunday 16 August 2020

A quieter day.

Cloudy, 23°, light SSW.

Quite a contrasting day compared with yesterday along the Bunk line with far fewer birds seen but some insects on the wing.

Still quite a few Greenfinch, Linnet and Yellowhammer feeding in the stubble and Goldfinch on the seeding thistle heads.

Several Chiffchaff noted, 4 Yellow Wagtail and a good passage of Swallow (c100).

A single Kestrel and a Starling flock around CSW.

Mammals: Roe Deer.

Dragonflies: Common Darter.

Butterflies: Large White, Small White, 1 Red Admiral, 1 Peacock, 1 Speckled Wood and several Gatekeeper and Meadow Brown.

The Roe Deer appeared at a fence and promptly jumped over it and slowly made its way past me and proceeded on its way out into the open fields. Fortunately I had my back against a tree which probably helped to break up my outline so I was not visible to it.

 Common Sandpiper (courtesy Alan)
 Young Swallows resting up ↕

Grey Wagtail
Roe Deer track

No comments:

Post a Comment