Sunday 29 July 2018

Kites eye view.

Friday was another hot day and earlier on the hill I watched a couple of Red Kite and Buzzard rising up on the thermals around the hill, there was little else going on apart from a couple of Kestrel.

Shortly after coming off the hill I noticed a paraglider come over the top of the hill and steadily gain height.

I eventually lost sight of him as he headed north.

I guessed who it was and a day later I had an email from Bryan Regan.

Bryan reached 3500 feet (1067 meters) in approx 7 minutes after take off and he headed north eventually coming down in Banbury. A distance of around 63 kilometers in a time of 2 hours 38 minutes.

Bryan also managed to get a few photos as he was thermalling up and up.

 Cholsey 18 minutes after take off
Lollingdon Hill 3 minutes after take off.

June 2017 Soaring with the Kites

Photos courtesy Bryan Regan.

No comments:

Post a Comment