Friday 2 July 2021

One that got away

Sunny spells, 22°, light SSW.

Lying in bed this morning at around 06:00 listening to birdsong in the meadow which comprised of Blackbird, Song Thrush, and Blackcap etc. when I picked up on a different song.

It sounded familiar, as in I have heard it before and it was not until after about a minute I thought that sounds like an Iberian Chiffchaff!

A quick check on the app and I thought I’d better try and record this. Trying to get ready and get outside but within another minute the singing had stopped.

I eventually got outside and spent some time searching but with no luck.

I alerted a couple of local birders and continued searching but again no joy.

Eventually I took a walk along the Bunk line and back and searched again until 14:00 and still no luck.

We also checked early evening along with Alan and Tony.

As it stands I am unable to verify this on song alone and over a brief period of time!

Anyway Alan out at Lollingdon today and myself along the Bunk line and no surprises at either!


Roe Deer courtesy Alan
Spotted Orchid in the garden

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo of the Deer. I saw one for the first time in over 2 weeks today! I was very happy with this :-D

    ReplyDelete