Monday 18 July 2022

Getting Warmer

Sunny, 36°, light SSE.

A day for not going out as it was too hot. Annoying as I used to deal with hot weather well years ago. I’ve been in the Middle East and other parts of the world in 40+° and coped okay. But with a dodgy ticker these days I have to be careful.

I spent most of the day in my home office (or as my wife calls it “My Man Cave”) with a fan blowing cool air, plenty of water and peering out the window.

The water features in the garden proved very busy throughout the day as there were birds continually bathing or drinking from them.

25 species of bird seen in or around the garden and 8 species of Butterfly and a single Dragonfly. A Brown Hawker.

Alan out earlier this morning with a Green Sandpiper seen flying downstream along the river and another Clouded Yellow butterfly, apart from that very much the same.

Clouded Yellow courtesy Alan
Greenfinch & Great Tit
Wood Pigeon sunbathing
Great-spotted Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment