Thursday 27 October 2022

RNP

Mainly sunny, 18°, light SSW.

A phone call from Tony Williams this morning alerting me to a Ring-necked Parakeet (Rose-ringed Parakeet) on the Station Road allotments.

An immature (?) bird was present and moving between gardens in Sandy Lane and the allotments.

I was in no hurry to see this bird so I didn’t turn up until around midday and ended up not seeing it. However, Alan was present and had managed a few photos and a video grab. It may well still be in the area as there is plenty of fruit around.

Fortunately a scarce species in Cholsey as they are noisy and competitive with native species.

Loren laughed at me when I said I would take a look, as when she lived in Surrey, she had hundreds flyover every day. Common as muck!

also a Jay present nearby.  

Butterflies: a well-worn Painted Lady found by Jane Dawson on the allotments.





No comments:

Post a Comment