Monday 28 August 2023

Great White

Sunny at first then clouding up, 12°, light NW.

An early morning walk along the Bunk line today:

I had a Little Egret fly over but only seen briefly thru the tree tops. Approx. an hour later I saw another presumed Little Egret rise up over a hedgerow and head off north towards the Wallingford area. This one was in view a little longer and although fairly high and distant and flying away. I could either take some pics or look at it thru my binoculars. I chose the former and managed a few shots before it disappeared over the tree line. It wasn’t until I checked the pics on the computer, I realised it was a Great Egret. The second record for Cholsey.

The rest: c40 Canada Geese and 2 Egyptian Geese on a stubble field, nearby 2 Common Sandpiper and a Green Sandpiper, 1 Little Egret, 2+ Raven, 2 Jay, 3 Herring Gull, 7 Lesser Blackback Gull, 11 Yellow Wagtail, 1 Common Whitethroat, 6 Blackcap, 10+ Chiffchaff, 7 House Martin and 100+ Swallow.

Mammals: Brown Hare & Red Fox.

Butterflies: just the one Small White.


No comments:

Post a Comment