Wednesday 1 June 2011

Cholsey bird watch week.

Sunny spells, 18º, light wnw.

As part of the Cholsey festival this week is bird watch week. It will be interesting to see the results for this weeks bird watch in Cholsey. I hope to be able to collate all the records to assess what has been seen over this week.
I did notice a few youngsters with their parents ticking off Blackbird and Robin today.

I spent around an hour this afternoon in the garden as I am a little incapacitated at the moment nursing a bad back.
Lots of young Blue and Great Tits being fed by parents and a Coal Tit heard, also a Blackcap and Chiffchaff singing.

Both Blue Tit nests in garden have fledged!

Unfortunately I found a dead young Robin in the garden, looks like it flew into a window.

I was alerted to a Sparrowhawk that flew over by the alarm calls of Swallows and House Martins. Also several Swift overhead.

Hedgehogs in garden again this evening.

More on the bird watch soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment