Friday 11 November 2011

Cholsey and Farmoor

Overcast, 11º, light SE.

Farmoor.

Snow Bunting still present along the causeway at Farmoor reservoir and apparently the Great Grey Shrike is still present although did not see it.

Lollingdon Hill.

2 Corn Bunting and 4 Grey Partridge on the hill and not much else until I noticed the gulls in the fields to the south begin to lift off. It started on the left of me and progressed to the right as I panned along the line of gulls I noticed a small falcon belting along between the gulls and me. A Merlin, it had obviously spooked the gulls and last seen flying off towards the downs.

Cholsey Marsh.

Quiet today with only Kingfisher and approx 6 Siskin to note.

                       Snow Bunting at Farmoor reservoir.



No comments:

Post a Comment