Friday 17 April 2015

Not only but also



Sunny with high cloud, a little cooler, 13°, breezy ENE.

Not only did I connect with the Ring Ouzel (albeit briefly) but also found a Redstart on the hill today.

A text from Michael P (thanks) letting me know of a Ring Ouzel on the hill at 08:30 so a swift walk out to the hill and I managed to connect with it around 11:30. It was very flighty and elusive but got good enough views and heard it call.

It flew from the hedge by the muck pile and in to a Hawthorn on the hill and as I approached it flew again to another Hawthorn at the top of the hill and that was the last I saw of it.

A couple of Swallow and a Yellow Wagtail flew over and a Willow Warbler moved through the Hawthorns and as I was making my way back I connected with a Redstart in the hedge on the west of the hill, again a very elusive bird and only got a few glimpses through the hedgerow.

Still around 30+ Linnet on the hill, a few Meadow Pipit noted and a pair of Pied Wagtail.

A few more Blackcap around (5), 2 Yellow Wagtail still in the paddock and a Whitethroat singing.

Goldcrest singing near the Millennium Wood again.

At least 5 Whitethroat on Cholsey Marsh today (per Tony Williams).

Butterflies; Brimstone, Small Tortoiseshell, Peacock and Speckled Wood.


Linnet

No comments:

Post a Comment