Thursday 23 November 2017

Hawfinch

Sunshine, 10°, breezy SW.

Approx. 12:30 this afternoon I was in the garden potting up some indoor plants when I noticed 3 birds fly in and settle in the top of one of the garden trees.

I realised pretty quickly that they were 3 Hawfinch…………….. No bins……………… No camera…………….expletive!!!!!!!!!

All I could do was stand and watch and after approx. 1 minute they then flew off and headed across the meadow towards the playing field where I lost sight of them.

Interesting point here is that back sometime in the 60’s, Bill Campbell the headmaster of Cholsey School caught a Hawfinch in a Heligoland trap in his garden.

The garden where the Heligoland trap was......is now part of our garden!

Several Redwing and Fieldfare overhead.

This morning, 60+ Golden Plover present on Cholsey Hill.

W.D. (Bill) Campbell, the inspiration for quite a few Cholsey lads!

No comments:

Post a Comment