Tuesday 2 May 2017

Expect the unexpected!

Cloudy, 13°, light NNE.

Expect the unexpected!

A walk out to the hill this afternoon, however before my notes and after getting back home I drove to Wallingford over Cholsey Hill to get a few bits.

As I crested the hill I could see a small flock of waders coming in from my right as I slowed down they passed in front of me heading west and it was a flock of 16 Bar-tailed Godwit!

Checking the records this appears to be the first record of Barwits noted in Cholsey.

Anyway back to the hill, little change from yesterday other than 4 Wheatear (1m & 3f).

a visit to the local mini-market in the village this evening, 2 Grey Heron flew over the Forty and 2 Swift flew low along Church road towards the village centre.

A Grasshopper Warbler reeling on the river bank opposite Cholsey Marsh this morning. Brian Wyatt.

Butterflies: Brimstone, Orange Tip, Small White, Small Tortoiseshell, Peacock & Speckled Wood.

Song Thrush in full flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment